Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Addicted to Twitter

Twitter:

–verb (used without object)

1. to utter a succession of small, tremulous sounds, as a bird.

2. to talk lightly and rapidly, esp. of trivial matters; chatter.

3. to titter; giggle.

4. to tremble with excitement or the like; be in a flutter.

–verb (used with object)

5. to express or utter by twittering.

–noun

6. an act of twittering.

7. a twittering sound.

8. a state of tremulous excitement.

Did you notice the defenition is related to excitement? But on www.twitter.com what is there to be excited about? What makes twitter exciting and addicting?

It's a door to the world a portal of sorts to meeting different people and learning about different cultures and believes. It is also a source of gossip, news and memorable quotes. Twitter is a place where you can see what your next door neighbor is doing or what Ashton kutcher has been planning.

It's a way to feel connected to the world where the information comes to you well if you follow the correct people. You can follow your local news station or radio station so you can keep up with what is happening in your town. You can follow people who tweet from news worthy locations I.e Haiti and get a close look at what is happening.

Twitter is also a place where you can meet people from your city or across the ocean people you share interests with. Interests like twilight, true blood or maybe politics. It's where you can post a question and if you have enough followers you will get ananswer faster than google.

It's also a place where you can escape reality and create a virtual playground where you can imagen your dream like. It's called role play, you can to dinner in France or you could meet that special someone and get married host an event or become a werewolve or a vampire. It's where you come to forget your real problems And where you tell life "fuck off"

I am personally thankful to Twitter for Manu reasons I joined a year ago during a very stressful time. I felt alone and I felt like life wasn't worth much and I met the twihearts on Twitter. Met @mckenler @lovesgardenia and @caryn69 and many more incredible ladies who made me feel special. Then I met true blood and @addictedtoeric was born. Now I am priviledged to say that I know some of the best people on Twitter. Thank you for putting up with me And lending me an eye (reading my tweets)

also I apologize for spelling and gramatical errors yes this is on the iPhone so it's filled w errors

No comments:

Post a Comment